Monday, April 16, 2012

There Are No Odd Balls, Only OddFellows

Remember my addiction to breakfast? It's not waning, but I promise to get off the brunch bid after this post. (I swear.)

Photo by Karyna Michaela
I went down to the Urban Street Bazaar in the Bishop Arts District on Saturday, and I was tickled to death to take some fun photos of all the vendors selling their homemade goods. 

As I walked down the sidewalk towards Oddfellows, the "fresh and local" place I was supposed to meet mi amiga at before taking my artistic sneak peek, I dived into my ruby-red, shoulder pouch to pull out my camera. 

It was at this moment I realized I had left my memory card floating around on my laptop (insert face palm here). Yeah, it happened. You know, that moment where you are so pissed off at yourself no words can be uttered. Needless to say I couldn't take any pictures. Bummer, and I mean big bummer. (Thanks to Karyna for lending me a photograph of our eats. Aesthetics are super important, this she knows.)

 Despite my error, I decided to bask in a little "me" time with a mimosa while we waited for a table inside. (There's a window by the patio that opens up into a bar.)

My advice? Get there early. Oddfellows isn't a huge joint, and it fills up fast on the weekends. (We had to wait about 3o minutes to be seated) And although the food is good, it's a bit on the pricy side (I'm assuming it has to do with the whole fresh and local thing, or maybe they're just so good, they charge that much just because they can. Hey, I would too.) The Migas and Buffalo Mac & Cheese (Voted Dallas Observer's Best Mac & Cheese of 2011) are delicious. I repeat the Migas and Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese are delicious.

But I wasn't too thrilled with the service. Our waiter took about 10 minutes to take our order then never really came back until the end of our meal, only to ask if we were ready for our checks. (I give props to the girl who stepped in towards the end to finish up with us. I hope the tip went to you, lady.)

I guess it comes down to one simple question: would I go back despite minor discrepancies?

Oddly enough, I would.






No comments:

Post a Comment