Wednesday, January 5, 2011

White Russians and Monogrammed Mugs

All I can really think of to say to reunite myself with my blog is well, it's been a while....remember that song all you Nickelback fans? Ok, bad joke I know, but you're smiling on the inside. Don't you deny it.

Happy New Year, Everyone. While you all were getting jiggy and roasting and toasting I too was wishing for a better and stronger year to come with 12 celebratory grapes, 3 monogrammed mugs (See photo. Aren't they cute?) and a few White Russians (Got Milk? Or better yet, got Kahlua?).

2010 was often at times one giant headache. I graduated from college and without fail hurled myself into the deep, dark depths of the unknown adult world. I worked two jobs, struggled to pay bills, searched high and low for a chance to share my writing, and eventually started working a full-time night shift job. Let's not forget moving into an apartment in 105 degree heat and the overflowing bathtub and broken toilet that came with it. Oh, did I also mention pay cuts and a car accident? I went through interview after interview and faced rejection after rejection, and in the words of a friend of mine, I just kept on truckin'.

But with the bad comes good too, and I certainly cannot forget the more positive opportunities I was given this year. From Avenue Q to the celebration of the first Dallas Observer Artopia party to the discovery of the delicious and ever classy Bronx Cafe to The Breath of Death, I've certainly been blessed with the opportunity to continuously culture and educate myself.

So here's to a new year, a new outlook, and new opportunities. It's going to be a doozy.

1 comment: